timeshareAdvisor classifies many resorts on a classic 1-5 star basis. This reflects the general class that the resort is marketed as. The Star Rating is not an aggregate of the customer review scores.
Happy Face Ratings
timeshareAdvisor resort reviews ask the reviewer to rate their experience at the resort on a 1-5 happy faces scale. This is a single rating that the reviewer gives and is not an aggregate of ratings given on aspects of the resort (individual ratings on items such as Location, Rooms, Service, etc.).
Earn 0 Go and Tell Points For Each Photo You Upload
Upload your photos of Harbor Ridge Resort and earn 0 Go and Tell points for each picture that you share. We are looking for unit pictures (kitchen, living room, balcony, bedrooms, etc.), exterior photos (swimming pool, beach, golf course, outside of the buildings, etc.) and public area photos (lobby, restaurants, fitness center, bars, etc.)
To select multiple photos to upload use the Ctrl key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac) on your keyboard while clicking photos from the same folder or album.
By clicking on the Upload Photos button you certify that you have read and accepted timeshareAdvisor's Terms and Conditions.
Manager Tips: Harbor Ridge Resort
Thank you for visiting Harbor Ridge Resort. If you have visited Harbor Ridge Resort before, welcome home! If you are thinking of visiting our resort, we look forward to hosting you! Let us tell you about our resort...
- General Overview
- Renovations and Enhancements
- About the Pool
- Exercise & Fitness
- Onsite Activities & Recreation
- Nearby Attractions
- Eating, Drinking & Entertainment
- Unit Amenities: Comfort, Connectivity & Conveniences
- Unit Amenities: Living Room
- Unit Amenities: Kitchen
- Unit Amenities: Laundry
- Unit Amenities: Master Bedroom
- Unit Amenities: Bathroom(s)
- Unit Amenities: Outdoor Enjoyment
- Unit Amenities: Housekeeping
- Amenities: Technology & Staying Connected
- Languages Spoken
- Amenities: Parking & Transportation Services
- Resort Fees
- Pet Policy
- Awards and Recognition
Harbor Ridge Resort General Overview
Our clubhouse has an indoor heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, game room, and on-site DVD/VHS video rentals. We have a playground, an outdoor tennis court, horseshoe pits, and charcoal barbecue picnic areas. The resort is affiliated with the exchange company Interval International. Vacation rentals are also available.
- Think of this as your “30-second commercial” for your resort. Briefly, in your own words, provide an overall description of your resort and explain why a guest should choose this resort for their vacation destination?
- Don’t go into too much detail – we will be asking you to provide detailed information with the subsequent questions we ask.
Harbor Ridge Resort Location
You may choose from one of three airports should you be flying into Maine. The Trenton/Bar Harbor airport provides commuter service from Boston. Bangor International Airport is one hour and 15 minutes from the resort, and the Portland Jetport is approximately three and a half hours from the resort.
Southwest Foodmart is a small home town grocery store located just 1.5 miles from Harbor Ridge.
- Please describe the location of your resort and the surrounding area.
- What is the nearest major airport and how long does it take to drive to it?
- How far is the nearest grocery / food store from your resort?
Harbor Ridge Resort Renovations and Enhancements
- Please tell us about any recent renovations, enhancements or upgrades to your property?
- Are there any upcoming initiatives that you would like guests to be aware of?
Exploring Harbor Ridge Resort
- What are the features of your resort?
- Is there a central clubhouse? Tell us about it.
- What are the most popular resort amenities?
About the Pool at Harbor Ridge Resort
Tell us about the pools at Harbor Ridge Resort. In your description, answer the following questions that are applicable to your resort.
- How many pools are located at your resort?
- How many pools are indoor versus outdoor?
- Are any of the pools heated? How many?
- Do the resort have a separate pool(s) or designated areas for children’s swimming and playing?
- Where is the pool(s) located?
- Are there any special features (i.e. size, shape, waterfall) that make your pool(s) unique?
- Is the pool opened all year?
- What are the pool hours?
- What types of food and beverages are available poolside?
- Are pool towels provided or do guests need to bring their own?
- Is it difficult to get a lounge chair by the pool or is there a time limit?
- Are your pools more action-packed (lots of activities) or for relaxing and soaking up the sun?
- What types of activities are available at the pool?
- Any music or entertainment provided?
Exercise & Fitness at Harbor Ridge Resort
There are great walking and hiking trails throughout Acadia National Park within five minutes from the resort.
Tell us about the exercise facilities at your resort…
- What type of equipment is available in your Fitness Center? How many Stairmasters, treadmills, elliptical trainers and bicycles do you have? Do you have free weights? Do you have weight machines (resistance machines, Nautilus machines, etc.)
- What are the hours of operation?
- Is there typically a wait to use equipment?
- Are there TV’s or a stereo (music) in the Fitness Center?
- Are there fitness classes offered (Yoga, Pilates, Zoomba, Jazzercise, etc.)
- Are there any walking or hiking trails near the resort?
Harbor Ridge Resort Onsite Activities & Recreation
on the area from our staff members. We will have hot coffee and tea, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, as well as fresh fruit!
On Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 7:00 pm, we host a Wine and Cheese Social Hour. It is a very casaul setting to meet your resort neighbors and friends. We will be having wine, punch, and a variety of cheeses and crackers. We do kindly ask guests to sign up at the Front Desk.
- What are the most popular activities available at your resort?
- What activity or area of interest is available but may get overlooked?
Harbor Ridge Resort Nearby Attractions
There is a variety of boating excursions including whale watching, nature cruising, sailing, lobstering, or sight seeing. Cruises leave from Southwest Harbor, Northeast Harbor, and Bar Harbor. During our peak season from July to October, we do recommend that you reserve your boating excursions just prior to your stay.
You may take a guided tour of the island on Ollie's Trolley or the Acadia National Park Bus; or, you may tour the island on the Island Explorer, which is a free bus service that runs from mid-June through October.
There are quaint downtown specialty shops in Southwest Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Bar Harbor, and Ellsworth along with your souvenir shops. The Acadia Shops, Sherman's Bookstore, Cool as a Moose, Hatched on MDI, Kimball Shop, Window Panes, the Grasshopper Shop, and Under the Dogwood Tree are just a few of the many stores to shop. The closest Walmart and large grocery supermarkets are located in Ellsworth about 30 minutes from the resort.
- What are the top attractions/things to do and see near your resort? Name up to 5 attractions
- What is the proximity (driving time, distance) of these to your property?
- Is there shopping (malls, boutiques, galleries, department stores, WalMart, Target, etc.) near the resort? What are some of the names of the most popular shops and how far away are they from the resort?
- Are their sightseeing tours available and how are they reserved?
Eating, Drinking & Entertainment at Harbor Ridge Resort
Harbor Ridge does have charcoal barbecue pits located throughout the property. Prior to purchasing charcoal and lighter fluid, stop by the front desk to see if past guests have donated any charcoal for your future enjoyment. We have installed permanent barbecue grills around the resort. Make sure to clean up any trash or scraps. We recommend that you not leave your grill unattended, as the birds may fly away with your food. PLEASE DO NOT feed the seagulls or other animals as they are reluctant to leave when your meal is finished!
- What’s the quality of your tap/drinking water? Would you recommend that guests bring or buy bottled water?
- Is there a restaurant(s) onsite? What is the cuisine? What meals are served (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?
- What restaurants are within walking distance from your resort?
- What are the top three restaurants that are recommended to your guests?
- Do local restaurants deliver food to your guests?
- Do you have any outdoor cooking facilities such as barbecue grills for picnics?
- Do you offer live entertainment on your property?
- What local places (off-resort) would you recommend that your guests go for live music, etc.?
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Comfort, Connectivity & Conveniences
The units do not have in-room safes or stocked refrigerators.
Local calls and toll free calls are complimentary for Harbor Ridge guests. Local calls include all of Mount Desert Island, Trenton, and Ellsworth. Should guests need to make long distance calls, guests will need to use their cell phones or a calling card.
There is high speed, wi-fi internet service located throughout the property. There is a $10 fee for the week up to three devices per townhouse.
There is an iron and an ironing board in each unit.
Harbor Ridge has cable television through Time Warner. On demand movies are not available; however, you may rent movies from the front desk for $2.50 each. In room gaming is not available; however, families are welcome to bring their own video game consoles. We kindly ask that they properly wire our television and DVD system back up upon their departure.
- Are your air conditioning and heating systems central or individual units?
- Can a guest control the temperature in their particular unit?
- Are digital thermostats provided?
- Is there a safe available in the room? Is there a fee to use it?
- Are there fees associated with using the in-room telephone?
- Is there an Iron/Ironing Board available in every unit?
- Do the units offer a stocked mini-bar? What types of item are in it?
- Is there high speed internet in the rooms? Is it a wired and/or wireless (WiFi) connection?
- What type of television(s)? Flat-panel vs. standard and approximate size?
- Do your units have cable television or satellite?
- Any premium stations provided (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.)?
- Are On-Demand movies/entertainment available for purchase?
- Do you offer in unit gaming for kids (Playstation, Wii, X-Box)? If kids bring their own video game consoles, do the TV’s in the units have external connections to plug into?
- What other electronics are available in the living room (DVD player, Stereo)? Please describe.
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Living Room
- What type of furniture is in your units living room?
- Do any of your living rooms offer unique features such as a fireplace? Please detail if it is standard for all units, some units, or available upon request.
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Kitchen
- Which major appliances (refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, etc.) are included in your full kitchens?
- Which major appliances are included in your partial/kitchenettes?
- What small appliances can typically be found in your units (coffee maker, blender, microwave, mixer, toaster)?
- Are coffee and/or filters provided and how often it is replenished?
- Please detail what standard cookware is provided?
- How much dinnerware/utensils/glassware is supplied? Service for 2, 4, 6+? Please describe.
- Is dishwashing detergent provided in the units or must guests bring their own?
- What types of paper goods (towels, plates, napkins) are provided?
- Please detail what cleaning supplies are in the room? Include things like vacuum, broom, trash bags.
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Laundry
- Describe the laundry facilities that are available to your guests?
- Are there any fees to use the washer and/or dryer? Please provide details.
- Is laundry detergent provided or must guests bring their own?
- Do guests need to bring their own laundry basket or is one provided in the unit?
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Master Bedroom
Guests can request extra pillows and blankets if desired. There is an alarm clock in the room; however, we do not offer wake up calls. There is a television with minimally a VCR; however, many units have been converted to a DVD/VCR combo unit.
- Please describe the bedding that a guest can expect? Does the unit have duvets, standard (anything other than down) comforters, down comforters or bedspreads? Is the sheet quality if above average (e.g. high thread count sheets), etc.
- How many pillows are on the bed? Type (feather, down, foam, etc.)?
- Can guests request extra pillows or blankets?
- Is there an alarm clock in the room? Does it have a stereo or iPod docking station?
- Does the resort provide wake up calls?
- What other electronics are available in the master bedroom (i.e. television, DVD player, etc.)?
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Bathroom(s)
The units do have hair dryers in the master bedroom bathrooms.
Our handicap accessible unit has one bathroom. It has a tub with a seat, adjustable shower head, and grab bars, and ample floor space.
- Are hydra jet bath tubs offered in all units, some units or not at all?
- Do your units feature walk-in showers?
- What bathroom toiletries are provided and how often are they replenished?
- How many hairdryers are provided?
- Do the bathroom offer a dressing area, make-up mirror, chair in the bathroom/bedroom?
- What items do you recommend that a guest should bring that may not be provided by the resort.
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Outdoor Enjoyment
There are picnic tables and other casual seating throughout the property.
- Do your units offer balconies or patios?
- What type of furniture can be found on your patios or balconies?
Harbor Ridge Resort Unit Amenities: Housekeeping
- What is the frequency of housekeeping?
- What is included in housekeeping?
- Is additional housekeeping available for a fee? If yes, what is the fee?
- What is the frequency of trash removal?
- How often are towels exchanged?
- Is there a fee for more frequent exchange of towels?
Harbor Ridge Resort Amenities: Technology & Staying Connected
Cell phone reception is fabulous at the resort, and it is fine in the town centers. However, due to the ordinance restrictions and the mountains, cell phone reception, especially on TracFones, can be extremely limited throughout the island. The best piece of advice, if someone calls you while driving, pull over immediately and talk.
- Do the resort offer high speed internet in rooms and common areas?
- Do you offer wired and/or wireless options?
- Is there a fee to use the Internet? If yes, what are the rate plans available?
- Do resort owners pay the same as exchangers and rental guests?
- Do most mobile phone networks work well at your resort? Do guests report any challenges with using their cell phones at the resort (poor signal quality)?
Languages Spoken at Harbor Ridge Resort
- What languages are fluently spoken at check-in?
Harbor Ridge Resort Amenities: Parking & Transportation Services
There is parking available for an RV or a truck; however, guests cannot use their RVs on property for accommodations.
From mid-June to October, the Island Explorer features eight bus routes linking hotels, inns, and campgrounds with destinations in Acadia National Park and neighboring village centers. Clean propane-powered vehicles offer Mount Desert Island visitors and residents free transportation to hiking trails, carriage roads, island beaches, and in-town shops and restaurants. Harbor Ridge guests must pick up the bus in Southwest Harbor at the Post Office or at the Smuggler's Den Campground.
- Is there ample parking available on site?
- Is parking free? If no, please provide fee information.
- Is valet parking available? If yes, please provide fee details?
- Is there parking available for RV’s or trucks?
- Please explain the type of transportation services that are available for your guests? Include transportation to/from the airport, to area attractions, nearby stores, around the property, hours of operation, process of scheduling and any fees associated with these services.
Harbor Ridge Resort Resort Fees
- Is there a resort fee?
- If yes, how much is your resort fee and what does it include?
Smoking at Harbor Ridge Resort
Smoking in restaurants and pubs is prohibited in Maine.
- Is this resort a smoke free resort?
- Can smoking rooms be reserved? If yes, what’s the procedure?
- Are there designated areas on the property for smoking? If yes, where are they?
- Are there any local laws ordinances that restrict smoking in restaurants?
Pet Policy at Harbor Ridge Resort
- Are pets welcomed at your resort?
- Are there any restrictions such as weight, prohibited pets or number of pets? If there a fee to bring a pet?
- Where on the property can a dog relieve itself?
- Where are there good places near the resort to take your dog? Can you tell us how far your location is from the nearest dog park?
- Are there any pet stores (Petsmart, Petco) nearby where resort guests can go for dog grooming, pet supplies?
Awards and Recognition
- Please list any awards that you would like to share that have been won related to this property (construction, interior design, landscaping, amenities, management, service, etc.)?
Welcome Resort Managers...
The Manager Tips page gives you a chance to tell timeshareAdvisor Members about your resort. The page is designed to answer questions that Members want to know before they arrive. The more detail you provide, the better prepared they will be. The questions have been written with the timeshare vacationer in mind and go into great detail about what they want know most about your property.
To edit the Manager Tips, close this window and scroll down the page. By each Manager Tip you will see an Edit button. Click on the Edit button and you can write (or paste from your web site) the manager tips. Once you have edited the Tip, click on the Save button to save the tip that you have created.
Feature Harbor Ridge Resort Reviews on Your Web Site!
Do you want to let visitors to your web site know what timeshareAdvisor members think of Harbor Ridge Resort? You can integrate timeshareAdvisor reviews into your website in just minutes using reviewconnect, timeshareAdvisor's co-branded online review solution.
Using reviewconnect's simple-to-use technology, your resort reviews from timeshareAdvisor are integrated on your site. The customer viewing the reviews never leaves your web site while they are checking out reviews on your resort.
Plus, the timeshareAdvisor team takes care of managing the review system technology and review moderation ensuring that no inappropriate reviews are displayed.
It only takes minutes to add reviews for Harbor Ridge Resort to your web site - get started today with reviewconnect.
Sign up - It’s Free!Earn 5,000 points instantly
Earn Points!Write reviews, follow resorts, and more
Win Rewards!Earn more points, get more prize entries
Already a Member?
How To Get More Go and Tell Points
timeshareAdvisor’s Go and Tell Points is an incentive-based program that rewards members for sharing their timeshare experiences via resort reviews and photos. As part of the program, members will receive reward points for participation and qualify for prize drawings.
Consumers gain reward points in a number of ways including: signing up to become a member; writing a review of a timeshare resort; following a timeshare resort that they own, have visited, or wish to visit; recommending other reviews; recommending photos submitted by other members.
Go and Tell Points is based on level of participation. The more a member participates, the more opportunity they have to earn points. Levels include: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. As members reach specific point thresholds they move up to the next level and earn more points per activity than the lower levels of membership. Point levels thresholds include: Emerald (under 100,000 points); Sapphire (100,000-249,999); Ruby (250,000-499,999); and Diamond (over 500,000 points).
Below is the table of what points values are assigned for each activity on timeshareAdvisor.
Go and Tell Points - Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use my points for?
timeshareAdvisor holds regular drawings for prizes such as: iPads, free resort stays, etc. The more points you have the more entries you have into these random drawings.
Do my points ever expire?
Go and Tell Points never expire; they only accumulate.
Are my points transferable?
No. Go and Tell Points earned by our members are not transferable.
Are my points ever redeemed or deducted?
No. Go and Tell Points are accumulated over the lifetime of your membership.
Do my Go and Tell Points have anything to do with “points” systems of timeshare exchange companies like RCI and Interval International?
No. Go and Tell Points are exclusive to timeshareAdvisor.
Do I receive more points based on whether I submit a positive or negative resort review?
No. There is no difference in the number of points rewarded based on a positive or negative review.
How often can I win prizes from the Go and Tell drawings?
Members are eligible to win if they have not won a prize in the past 90 days.
Timeshares near Harbor Ridge Resort:
- Acadia Village Resort >
- Samoset Resort >
- Trade Winds on the Bay >
- Sheepscot Harbour Village & Resort >
- Appalachee Bayview Cottage Vacation Home >