timeshareAdvisor classifies many resorts on a classic 1-5 star basis. This reflects the general class that the resort is marketed as. The Star Rating is not an aggregate of the customer review scores.
Happy Face Ratings
timeshareAdvisor resort reviews ask the reviewer to rate their experience at the resort on a 1-5 happy faces scale. This is a single rating that the reviewer gives and is not an aggregate of ratings given on aspects of the resort (individual ratings on items such as Location, Rooms, Service, etc.).
Earn 0 Go and Tell Points For Each Photo You Upload
Upload your photos of Franz Klammer Lodge and earn 0 Go and Tell points for each picture that you share. We are looking for unit pictures (kitchen, living room, balcony, bedrooms, etc.), exterior photos (swimming pool, beach, golf course, outside of the buildings, etc.) and public area photos (lobby, restaurants, fitness center, bars, etc.)
To select multiple photos to upload use the Ctrl key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac) on your keyboard while clicking photos from the same folder or album.
By clicking on the Upload Photos button you certify that you have read and accepted timeshareAdvisor's Terms and Conditions.
Manager Tips: Franz Klammer Lodge
Thank you for visiting Franz Klammer Lodge. If you have visited Franz Klammer Lodge before, welcome home! If you are thinking of visiting our resort, we look forward to hosting you! Let us tell you about our resort...
- General Overview
- Exercise & Fitness
- Nearby Attractions
- Eating, Drinking & Entertainment
- Unit Amenities: Comfort, Connectivity & Conveniences
- Unit Amenities: Living Room
- Unit Amenities: Kitchen
- Unit Amenities: Laundry
- Unit Amenities: Master Bedroom
- Unit Amenities: Bathroom(s)
- Unit Amenities: Outdoor Enjoyment
- Unit Amenities: Housekeeping
- Unit Amenities: Special Features
- Amenities: Technology & Staying Connected
- Amenities: Parking & Transportation Services
- Policies and Special Requests
- Pet Policy
- Going Green, Social Responsibility & Giving Back
Franz Klammer Lodge General Overview
- Think of this as your “30-second commercial” for your resort. Briefly, in your own words, provide an overall description of your resort and explain why a guest should choose this resort for their vacation destination?
- Don’t go into too much detail – we will be asking you to provide detailed information with the subsequent questions we ask.
Franz Klammer Lodge Location
Telluride Regional Airport (MTJ) is located approximately 6 miles or 15 minutes from the Franz Klammer Lodge.
Montrose Regional Airport (TEX) is located approximately 65 miles or 1 hour and 30 minutes from the Franz Klammer Lodge.
- Please describe the location of your resort and the surrounding area.
- What is the nearest major airport and how long does it take to drive to it?
- How far is the nearest grocery / food store from your resort?
Exercise & Fitness at Franz Klammer Lodge
There are many jogging trails near the Franz Klammer Lodge that are suited to joggers and runners of all levels. The Boulevard Trail runs the length of Mountain Village Bulevard and is great for beginner to advanced joggers. Trail runers can enjoy the hiking and biking trails that span the ski mountain. Map trails are available at the Concierge desk.
Tell us about the exercise facilities at your resort…
- What type of equipment is available in your Fitness Center? How many Stairmasters, treadmills, elliptical trainers and bicycles do you have? Do you have free weights? Do you have weight machines (resistance machines, Nautilus machines, etc.)
- What are the hours of operation?
- Is there typically a wait to use equipment?
- Are there TV’s or a stereo (music) in the Fitness Center?
- Are there fitness classes offered (Yoga, Pilates, Zoomba, Jazzercise, etc.)
- Are there any walking or hiking trails near the resort?
Franz Klammer Lodge Nearby Attractions
- 4 x 4 tours
- Camping, fishing, rafting, kayaking
- Glider rides
- Gold panning
- Golf: Telluride Golf Club
- Historic tours
- Horseback riding
- Hot air balloon rides
- Ice climbing
- Ice skating
- Mountain biking
- Nature walks
- Nordic, Heli, Back-country skiing
- Outdoor education and wildlife watching
- Sled dog tours
- What are the top attractions/things to do and see near your resort? Name up to 5 attractions
- What is the proximity (driving time, distance) of these to your property?
- Is there shopping (malls, boutiques, galleries, department stores, WalMart, Target, etc.) near the resort? What are some of the names of the most popular shops and how far away are they from the resort?
- Are their sightseeing tours available and how are they reserved?
Eating, Drinking & Entertainment at Franz Klammer Lodge
Complimentary coffee and tea is avalable in the Club Room at the Franz Klammer Lodge from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm. Hot chocolate is available seasonally. Alcoholic beverages are available until 2:00 am and charges can be billed to your residence.
RECEPTION, MONDAY NIGHTS
Every Monday night within season, the staff personally welcomes owners and guests to the Franz Klammer Lodge. The reception is held from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm (summer season) and 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm (winter season) in the Club Room (third floor) where guests can enjoy complimentary beverages and hor d'oeuvres.
- What’s the quality of your tap/drinking water? Would you recommend that guests bring or buy bottled water?
- Is there a restaurant(s) onsite? What is the cuisine? What meals are served (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?
- What restaurants are within walking distance from your resort?
- What are the top three restaurants that are recommended to your guests?
- Do local restaurants deliver food to your guests?
- Do you have any outdoor cooking facilities such as barbecue grills for picnics?
- Do you offer live entertainment on your property?
- What local places (off-resort) would you recommend that your guests go for live music, etc.?
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Comfort, Connectivity & Conveniences
- Three-bedroom/three-bath residences (approximately 2,000 square feet)
- Custom handcrafted furnishings combining distressed wood, painted finishes, wrought iron, and wicker
- Fully equipped Kitchens
- Individual temperature-controlled heat
- Cable TV/VCR/DVD players
- Complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet
- Home theatre system with digital TV/DVD players and surround sound
- Iron & Ironing Board
- We do not have in-residence safes, but you can utilize our complimentary safe deposit boxes, which are located in the Accounting Offices on the second floor.
- Are your air conditioning and heating systems central or individual units?
- Can a guest control the temperature in their particular unit?
- Are digital thermostats provided?
- Is there a safe available in the room? Is there a fee to use it?
- Are there fees associated with using the in-room telephone?
- Is there an Iron/Ironing Board available in every unit?
- Do the units offer a stocked mini-bar? What types of item are in it?
- Is there high speed internet in the rooms? Is it a wired and/or wireless (WiFi) connection?
- What type of television(s)? Flat-panel vs. standard and approximate size?
- Do your units have cable television or satellite?
- Any premium stations provided (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.)?
- Are On-Demand movies/entertainment available for purchase?
- Do you offer in unit gaming for kids (Playstation, Wii, X-Box)? If kids bring their own video game consoles, do the TV’s in the units have external connections to plug into?
- What other electronics are available in the living room (DVD player, Stereo)? Please describe.
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Living Room
- 10 foot high exposed beam or vaulted ceilings
- Cable TV/VCR/DVD players
- Home theatre system with digital TV/DVD players and surround sound
- Complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet
- What type of furniture is in your units living room?
- Do any of your living rooms offer unique features such as a fireplace? Please detail if it is standard for all units, some units, or available upon request.
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Kitchen
- Full-sized dishwasher
- Granite countertops with a European porcelain sink and a Kohler fixture
- Pine cabinetry with pewter knobs
- Limestone floor
- Which major appliances (refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, etc.) are included in your full kitchens?
- Which major appliances are included in your partial/kitchenettes?
- What small appliances can typically be found in your units (coffee maker, blender, microwave, mixer, toaster)?
- Are coffee and/or filters provided and how often it is replenished?
- Please detail what standard cookware is provided?
- How much dinnerware/utensils/glassware is supplied? Service for 2, 4, 6+? Please describe.
- Is dishwashing detergent provided in the units or must guests bring their own?
- What types of paper goods (towels, plates, napkins) are provided?
- Please detail what cleaning supplies are in the room? Include things like vacuum, broom, trash bags.
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Laundry
- Describe the laundry facilities that are available to your guests?
- Are there any fees to use the washer and/or dryer? Please provide details.
- Is laundry detergent provided or must guests bring their own?
- Do guests need to bring their own laundry basket or is one provided in the unit?
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Master Bedroom
- Filodora® 300 percale bed linens (3 sheets) and custom duvets and comforters.
- Please describe the bedding that a guest can expect? Does the unit have duvets, standard (anything other than down) comforters, down comforters or bedspreads? Is the sheet quality if above average (e.g. high thread count sheets), etc.
- How many pillows are on the bed? Type (feather, down, foam, etc.)?
- Can guests request extra pillows or blankets?
- Is there an alarm clock in the room? Does it have a stereo or iPod docking station?
- Does the resort provide wake up calls?
- What other electronics are available in the master bedroom (i.e. television, DVD player, etc.)?
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Bathroom(s)
- Steam shower
- Pine cabinetry with pewter knobs
- High-powered hair dryer in each bathroom
- Plush terry cloth bathrobes for your use
- Are hydra jet bath tubs offered in all units, some units or not at all?
- Do your units feature walk-in showers?
- What bathroom toiletries are provided and how often are they replenished?
- How many hairdryers are provided?
- Do the bathroom offer a dressing area, make-up mirror, chair in the bathroom/bedroom?
- What items do you recommend that a guest should bring that may not be provided by the resort.
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Outdoor Enjoyment
- Gas grills available for your use
- Do your units offer balconies or patios?
- What type of furniture can be found on your patios or balconies?
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Housekeeping
Types of housekeeping services available (fees are subject to change):
Tidy Cleaning Service - this service includes fresh bath linens, emptying of all bathroom wastebaskets and making all beds.
Two Bedroom: $40.00 Three Bedroom: $47.00
Daily Cleaning Service - this service includes emptying all waste baskets, replacing soiled bath and kitchen linens, replacing amenities, cleaning the tub, toilet, shower, sink and vanity, making all beds and replacing paper products. Additionally, this service includes cleaning of counters, appliances and sinks and placement of dishes in dishwasher.
Two Bedroom: $55.00 Three Bedroom: $70.00
Mid-Stay Cleaning Service - this service includes all the cleaning described in the "Daily Service." In addition, the kitchen is cleaned thoroughly, the furniture is dusted, the carpet is vacuumed and the bed lines are changed.
Two Bedroom: $100.00 Three Bedroom: $125.00
- What is the frequency of housekeeping?
- What is included in housekeeping?
- Is additional housekeeping available for a fee? If yes, what is the fee?
- What is the frequency of trash removal?
- How often are towels exchanged?
- Is there a fee for more frequent exchange of towels?
Franz Klammer Lodge Unit Amenities: Special Features
- Are there any other UNIT AMENITIES available that you would like to share with your future guests?
Franz Klammer Lodge Amenities: Technology & Staying Connected
- Do the resort offer high speed internet in rooms and common areas?
- Do you offer wired and/or wireless options?
- Is there a fee to use the Internet? If yes, what are the rate plans available?
- Do resort owners pay the same as exchangers and rental guests?
- Do most mobile phone networks work well at your resort? Do guests report any challenges with using their cell phones at the resort (poor signal quality)?
Franz Klammer Lodge Amenities: Parking & Transportation Services
Located right outside our door is the world's only complimentary mass transit gondola system. Operating seasonally, the gondola provides an excellent environmentally friendly means of transportation. Hours are 7:00 am to 12:00 am seven days a week and may be extended for special events.
- Is there ample parking available on site?
- Is parking free? If no, please provide fee information.
- Is valet parking available? If yes, please provide fee details?
- Is there parking available for RV’s or trucks?
- Please explain the type of transportation services that are available for your guests? Include transportation to/from the airport, to area attractions, nearby stores, around the property, hours of operation, process of scheduling and any fees associated with these services.
Franz Klammer Lodge Policies and Special Requests
- Area Maps
- Automobile Rental
- Bike Rental (summer only)
- Child Care
- Cinema Schedule
- Church Services
- Daily Events (Activities are posted at the Concierge desk and in the elevators
- Day Trip Information
- Drug Store
- Hair Salon
- Insider Information
- Weather Report
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning
- Lift Tickets (pricing and information)
- Mail & Packages
- Notary Public
- Picnic Baskets
- Recreational Activities
- Restaurants & Reservations
- Shuttle Service
- Ski Lessons/Rentals (winter only)
- River Report
- Spa Service
- Taxi Service
- Tennis (summer only)
- Trail Maps
Early check-in is allowed provided that the assigned residence is available prior to check-in time.
- Does the resort allow early check-in?
- What is the minimum age for check-in?
- What documents are needed to check in?
- Is a credit card a requirement of the check-in process?
- What forms of payment does the resort accept (Cash, Personal Check, Traveler’s Cheque, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)?
- Do the resort offer a late check-out option and how does a guest request it?
- How are special requests handled? Special requests could include requests such as a specific room number, view, floor level, unit location, etc.? Are there any fees associated with these types of special requests?
- What is that availability and process of reserving and of the following items: Cribs, High Chairs, Pack 'n Plays®, Roll away beds and Strollers? Any other items offered by your resort that are not on this list?
Accessibility at Franz Klammer Lodge
General Features of the Lodge:
- Parking Garage with Ramp
- Accessible Parking Spots in Parking Garage
- Complimentary Valet
- Wheelchair Accessible Doorways
General Features of the Residence:
- Strobe Light Fire Alarm
- Lower Light Switches and Thermostats
- Adjustable Volume Control on Living Room Phone
- Lever Handles on Doors
- Wheelchair Accessible Doorways
- Wheelchair Ramp to Deck
- Close Proximity to Elevator and Emergency Exit Ramp
- Close to Pool with Ramp access through the Spa
One Master Bathroom includes:
- Grab Bars by Bathtub and Toilet
- Hand held Shower Head
- Shower Seat
- French Bathroom Door
- Roll Under Vanity
- Lower Bathroom Sink with Lever Handles for Sink Taps
Two Master Bedrooms Include:
- Height Adjusted Closet Rod
- Lower Bed Height
- Open Bed Frame
- Lower Kitchen Sink with Lever Handles for Sink Taps
- Lower Kitchen Counter
- Accessible Dishwasher
- Cabinet with Mechanized Shelf that lowers
- What is the total number of Handicap-Accessible Rooms available?
- What is the process for reserving them?
- Are there elevators at your resort?
- Is the property mostly flat or do guests need to walk up and down steps across the resort?
Pet Policy at Franz Klammer Lodge
- Are pets welcomed at your resort?
- Are there any restrictions such as weight, prohibited pets or number of pets? If there a fee to bring a pet?
- Where on the property can a dog relieve itself?
- Where are there good places near the resort to take your dog? Can you tell us how far your location is from the nearest dog park?
- Are there any pet stores (Petsmart, Petco) nearby where resort guests can go for dog grooming, pet supplies?
Going Green, Social Responsibility & Giving Back
- Are there any green initiatives going on at your resort that you would like your guests to be aware of?
- How does your resort allow or encourage guests to preserve natural resources, recycle, etc.?
- Please feel free to share how your resort contributes to the interests of society? For example the donation of furniture or bedding to causes, sponsorships, food drives, etc.
Welcome Resort Managers...
The Manager Tips page gives you a chance to tell timeshareAdvisor Members about your resort. The page is designed to answer questions that Members want to know before they arrive. The more detail you provide, the better prepared they will be. The questions have been written with the timeshare vacationer in mind and go into great detail about what they want know most about your property.
To edit the Manager Tips, close this window and scroll down the page. By each Manager Tip you will see an Edit button. Click on the Edit button and you can write (or paste from your web site) the manager tips. Once you have edited the Tip, click on the Save button to save the tip that you have created.
Feature Franz Klammer Lodge Reviews on Your Web Site!
Do you want to let visitors to your web site know what timeshareAdvisor members think of Franz Klammer Lodge? You can integrate timeshareAdvisor reviews into your website in just minutes using reviewconnect, timeshareAdvisor's co-branded online review solution.
Using reviewconnect's simple-to-use technology, your resort reviews from timeshareAdvisor are integrated on your site. The customer viewing the reviews never leaves your web site while they are checking out reviews on your resort.
Plus, the timeshareAdvisor team takes care of managing the review system technology and review moderation ensuring that no inappropriate reviews are displayed.
It only takes minutes to add reviews for Franz Klammer Lodge to your web site - get started today with reviewconnect.
Sign up - It’s Free!Earn 5,000 points instantly
Earn Points!Write reviews, follow resorts, and more
Win Rewards!Earn more points, get more prize entries
Already a Member?
How To Get More Go and Tell Points
timeshareAdvisor’s Go and Tell Points is an incentive-based program that rewards members for sharing their timeshare experiences via resort reviews and photos. As part of the program, members will receive reward points for participation and qualify for prize drawings.
Consumers gain reward points in a number of ways including: signing up to become a member; writing a review of a timeshare resort; following a timeshare resort that they own, have visited, or wish to visit; recommending other reviews; recommending photos submitted by other members.
Go and Tell Points is based on level of participation. The more a member participates, the more opportunity they have to earn points. Levels include: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. As members reach specific point thresholds they move up to the next level and earn more points per activity than the lower levels of membership. Point levels thresholds include: Emerald (under 100,000 points); Sapphire (100,000-249,999); Ruby (250,000-499,999); and Diamond (over 500,000 points).
Below is the table of what points values are assigned for each activity on timeshareAdvisor.
Go and Tell Points - Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use my points for?
timeshareAdvisor holds regular drawings for prizes such as: iPads, free resort stays, etc. The more points you have the more entries you have into these random drawings.
Do my points ever expire?
Go and Tell Points never expire; they only accumulate.
Are my points transferable?
No. Go and Tell Points earned by our members are not transferable.
Are my points ever redeemed or deducted?
No. Go and Tell Points are accumulated over the lifetime of your membership.
Do my Go and Tell Points have anything to do with “points” systems of timeshare exchange companies like RCI and Interval International?
No. Go and Tell Points are exclusive to timeshareAdvisor.
Do I receive more points based on whether I submit a positive or negative resort review?
No. There is no difference in the number of points rewarded based on a positive or negative review.
How often can I win prizes from the Go and Tell drawings?
Members are eligible to win if they have not won a prize in the past 90 days.
Timeshares near Franz Klammer Lodge:
- Inn at Lost Creek >
- Aspen Ridge >
- The River Club >
- Durango Riverside Resort & R.V. Park >
- Wyndham Durango >
Franz Klammer Lodge is also known as:
- Fairmont Heritage Place Franz Klammer Lodge
- Franz Klammer Lodge by Fairmont Heritage Place
- Franz Klammer Hotel
- Franz Klammer Lodge at Fairmont Heritage Place
- Franz Klammer Lodge at Telluride
- Franz Klammer Hotel at Telluride
- Franz Klammer Hotel by Fairmont Heritage Place
- Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge
- Fairmont Telluride
- Telluride Fairmont
- Fairmont Heritage Place Franz Klammer Hotel