timeshareAdvisor classifies many resorts on a classic 1-5 star basis. This reflects the general class that the resort is marketed as. The Star Rating is not an aggregate of the customer review scores.
Happy Face Ratings
timeshareAdvisor resort reviews ask the reviewer to rate their experience at the resort on a 1-5 happy faces scale. This is a single rating that the reviewer gives and is not an aggregate of ratings given on aspects of the resort (individual ratings on items such as Location, Rooms, Service, etc.).
Earn 0 Go and Tell Points For Each Photo You Upload
Upload your photos of Canada House Beach Club and earn 0 Go and Tell points for each picture that you share. We are looking for unit pictures (kitchen, living room, balcony, bedrooms, etc.), exterior photos (swimming pool, beach, golf course, outside of the buildings, etc.) and public area photos (lobby, restaurants, fitness center, bars, etc.)
To select multiple photos to upload use the Ctrl key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac) on your keyboard while clicking photos from the same folder or album.
By clicking on the Upload Photos button you certify that you have read and accepted timeshareAdvisor's Terms and Conditions.
Manager Tips: Canada House Beach Club
Thank you for visiting Canada House Beach Club. If you have visited Canada House Beach Club before, welcome home! If you are thinking of visiting our resort, we look forward to hosting you! Let us tell you about our resort...
- General Overview
- Renovations and Enhancements
- About the Pool
- Exercise & Fitness
- Onsite Activities & Recreation
- Eating, Drinking & Entertainment
- Unit Amenities: Comfort, Connectivity & Conveniences
- Unit Amenities: Kitchen
- Unit Amenities: Laundry
- Unit Amenities: Master Bedroom
- Unit Amenities: Bathroom(s)
- Unit Amenities: Outdoor Enjoyment
- Unit Amenities: Housekeeping
- Amenities: Technology & Staying Connected
- Languages Spoken
- Resort Amenities: Guest Services & Conveniences
- Amenities: Parking & Transportation Services
- Policies and Special Requests
- Pet Policy
- Going Green, Social Responsibility & Giving Back
- Awards and Recognition
Canada House Beach Club General Overview
- Think of this as your “30-second commercial” for your resort. Briefly, in your own words, provide an overall description of your resort and explain why a guest should choose this resort for their vacation destination?
- Don’t go into too much detail – we will be asking you to provide detailed information with the subsequent questions we ask.
Canada House Beach Club Location
- Please describe the location of your resort and the surrounding area.
- What is the nearest major airport and how long does it take to drive to it?
- How far is the nearest grocery / food store from your resort?
Canada House Beach Club Renovations and Enhancements
In weeks 33-39 of 2013 we will be getting a whole new elevator in the East building, which will require our elevator to be completely out of service during that time.
- Please tell us about any recent renovations, enhancements or upgrades to your property?
- Are there any upcoming initiatives that you would like guests to be aware of?
About the Pool at Canada House Beach Club
Pool hours are dawn to dusk year-round.
Guests are welcome to bring food & beverage to the pool area, but glass containers of any kind are not allowed. Persuant to Florida Department of Health regulations, eating, drinking, and smoking are not allowed in the pool or within 4 feet of the pool's edge.
Pool towels are provided and may be traded in during the day in the Linen Exchange.
Lounge chairs are usually easy to come by, as we do not allow guests to save them when they are not in the pool area.
We do not have scheduled activities at the pool, nor do we play music. Guests may play music, as long as it is not disturbing to other guests (or the office). Depending on the type of crowd we have in-house, sometimes the pool is very boisterous (Marco! Polo!) and sometimes it's very quiet. Guests at the pool are requested not to disturb guests who are in their rooms.
Tell us about the pools at Canada House Beach Club. In your description, answer the following questions that are applicable to your resort.
- How many pools are located at your resort?
- How many pools are indoor versus outdoor?
- Are any of the pools heated? How many?
- Do the resort have a separate pool(s) or designated areas for children’s swimming and playing?
- Where is the pool(s) located?
- Are there any special features (i.e. size, shape, waterfall) that make your pool(s) unique?
- Is the pool opened all year?
- What are the pool hours?
- What types of food and beverages are available poolside?
- Are pool towels provided or do guests need to bring their own?
- Is it difficult to get a lounge chair by the pool or is there a time limit?
- Are your pools more action-packed (lots of activities) or for relaxing and soaking up the sun?
- What types of activities are available at the pool?
- Any music or entertainment provided?
Exercise & Fitness at Canada House Beach Club
There are a few gyms nearby that offer discount to our guests.
Tell us about the exercise facilities at your resort…
- What type of equipment is available in your Fitness Center? How many Stairmasters, treadmills, elliptical trainers and bicycles do you have? Do you have free weights? Do you have weight machines (resistance machines, Nautilus machines, etc.)
- What are the hours of operation?
- Is there typically a wait to use equipment?
- Are there TV’s or a stereo (music) in the Fitness Center?
- Are there fitness classes offered (Yoga, Pilates, Zoomba, Jazzercise, etc.)
- Are there any walking or hiking trails near the resort?
Canada House Beach Club Onsite Activities & Recreation
On the West side, we have a sun deck that allows guests to continue to sunbathe long after the sun has set low enough to be blocked by the buildings at the pools.
- What are the most popular activities available at your resort?
- What activity or area of interest is available but may get overlooked?
Eating, Drinking & Entertainment at Canada House Beach Club
We do not have a restaurant on-site. There are a few small restaurants within walking distance, and several restaurants deliver to us.
We have four BBQ grills (two gas, two charcoal) on the East side, and two (1 gas, 1 charcoal) on the West side.
We do not have live entertainment.
- What’s the quality of your tap/drinking water? Would you recommend that guests bring or buy bottled water?
- Is there a restaurant(s) onsite? What is the cuisine? What meals are served (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?
- What restaurants are within walking distance from your resort?
- What are the top three restaurants that are recommended to your guests?
- Do local restaurants deliver food to your guests?
- Do you have any outdoor cooking facilities such as barbecue grills for picnics?
- Do you offer live entertainment on your property?
- What local places (off-resort) would you recommend that your guests go for live music, etc.?
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Comfort, Connectivity & Conveniences
Safes are not currently provided.
Room phones can be used to dial local and "toll-free" numbers for no charge. Long-distance calls require a calling card.
All units have an iron and ironing board.
WiFi is available throughout the property.
All units have 32-inch flat screen TV's with DirecTV. We do not have any premium channels or on-demand. Game units are not available but TV's do have connections if guests have their own game units.
Every unit has a DVD player and clock radio in the living room.
- Are your air conditioning and heating systems central or individual units?
- Can a guest control the temperature in their particular unit?
- Are digital thermostats provided?
- Is there a safe available in the room? Is there a fee to use it?
- Are there fees associated with using the in-room telephone?
- Is there an Iron/Ironing Board available in every unit?
- Do the units offer a stocked mini-bar? What types of item are in it?
- Is there high speed internet in the rooms? Is it a wired and/or wireless (WiFi) connection?
- What type of television(s)? Flat-panel vs. standard and approximate size?
- Do your units have cable television or satellite?
- Any premium stations provided (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc.)?
- Are On-Demand movies/entertainment available for purchase?
- Do you offer in unit gaming for kids (Playstation, Wii, X-Box)? If kids bring their own video game consoles, do the TV’s in the units have external connections to plug into?
- What other electronics are available in the living room (DVD player, Stereo)? Please describe.
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Kitchen
Mini kitchens have a less-than full-size (not apartment size) refrigerator (plenty of room for a gallon of milk in the fridge, and a gallon of ice cream in the freezer). (The trade-off for all this wonderful fridge space is that in some rooms, the fridge is in sort of a weird location.) Mini kitchens also have a small dishwasher, and a two burner stove (no oven).
All kitchens have a toaster oven, coffee maker, blender, and microwave. Mixers can be checked out upon request.
We do not provide coffee, but we do provide coffee filters. If there aren't enough in the unit, more are available at the Front Desk.
Each unit has service for the number of people it sleeps.
A small amount of dishwashing detergent (powder and liquid) and one roll of paper towels are provided at check-in. Additional can be purchased at the Front Desk. All rooms have a broom/dustpan and a few trash bags. Additional trash bags can be obtained at the Front Desk for no charge.
Basic cookware is provided in the units, and additional items that are not stocked in all rooms is available for check-out upon request.
- Which major appliances (refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, etc.) are included in your full kitchens?
- Which major appliances are included in your partial/kitchenettes?
- What small appliances can typically be found in your units (coffee maker, blender, microwave, mixer, toaster)?
- Are coffee and/or filters provided and how often it is replenished?
- Please detail what standard cookware is provided?
- How much dinnerware/utensils/glassware is supplied? Service for 2, 4, 6+? Please describe.
- Is dishwashing detergent provided in the units or must guests bring their own?
- What types of paper goods (towels, plates, napkins) are provided?
- Please detail what cleaning supplies are in the room? Include things like vacuum, broom, trash bags.
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Laundry
Washers are 75¢ and dryers are 25¢ per 10 minutes. Single-use packages of Tide and Bounce are available for purchase at the Front Desk.
Laundry baskets are part of unit inventory.
- Describe the laundry facilities that are available to your guests?
- Are there any fees to use the washer and/or dryer? Please provide details.
- Is laundry detergent provided or must guests bring their own?
- Do guests need to bring their own laundry basket or is one provided in the unit?
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Master Bedroom
No bedspreads. Comforters with a "throw" for decoration.
Murphy beds have two pillows. There are two pillows in the closet for each sofa bed. Beds in bedrooms have four pillows.
Pillows on beds are "thick", while pillows in closets are "flat".
Extra pillows and blankets are available upon request.
Efficiency units have 1 alarm clock, 1 TV, and 1 DVD player. One-bedroom units have two of each. Two bedroom units have three of each. Some alarm clocks have a cable to connect iPod or MP3 player.
Wakeup calls are available by calling the Front Desk.
- Please describe the bedding that a guest can expect? Does the unit have duvets, standard (anything other than down) comforters, down comforters or bedspreads? Is the sheet quality if above average (e.g. high thread count sheets), etc.
- How many pillows are on the bed? Type (feather, down, foam, etc.)?
- Can guests request extra pillows or blankets?
- Is there an alarm clock in the room? Does it have a stereo or iPod docking station?
- Does the resort provide wake up calls?
- What other electronics are available in the master bedroom (i.e. television, DVD player, etc.)?
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Bathroom(s)
All rooms have tub/showers.
Units that sleep 4 have 1 hair dryer. Units that sleep 6 have 2, and units that sleep 8 have 3.
Some units have a dressing area in the bathroom. A few units have dressing tables with chairs.
- Are hydra jet bath tubs offered in all units, some units or not at all?
- Do your units feature walk-in showers?
- What bathroom toiletries are provided and how often are they replenished?
- How many hairdryers are provided?
- Do the bathroom offer a dressing area, make-up mirror, chair in the bathroom/bedroom?
- What items do you recommend that a guest should bring that may not be provided by the resort.
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Outdoor Enjoyment
- Do your units offer balconies or patios?
- What type of furniture can be found on your patios or balconies?
Canada House Beach Club Unit Amenities: Housekeeping
Trash left outside rooms before 11 AM will be picked up. Trash bins are located on every floor.
Towels are exchanged door-to-door on Mondays and Thursdays. The "Service Please" sign must be left in the door and towels must be in the laundry basket just inside the door, if the guest is not in the room. Towels and sheets can be exchanged during the day throughout the week at the Linen Exchange (near the Front Desk) for no charge.
- What is the frequency of housekeeping?
- What is included in housekeeping?
- Is additional housekeeping available for a fee? If yes, what is the fee?
- What is the frequency of trash removal?
- How often are towels exchanged?
- Is there a fee for more frequent exchange of towels?
Canada House Beach Club Amenities: Technology & Staying Connected
AT&T & Verizon are known to work well throughout the resort. Sprint is known to work well throughout the resort with the occasional exception of the Clubhouse, where Sprint can be spotty.
- Do the resort offer high speed internet in rooms and common areas?
- Do you offer wired and/or wireless options?
- Is there a fee to use the Internet? If yes, what are the rate plans available?
- Do resort owners pay the same as exchangers and rental guests?
- Do most mobile phone networks work well at your resort? Do guests report any challenges with using their cell phones at the resort (poor signal quality)?
Languages Spoken at Canada House Beach Club
- What languages are fluently spoken at check-in?
Canada House Beach Club Resort Amenities: Guest Services & Conveniences
We have luggage carts and grocery carts at both buildings. There is an ice machine in each building. Soda machines are located in both buildings, and there is a snack machine by the Front Desk.
We do not have a gift shop, but we do sell postcards, coffee mugs, and beach towels with our logo on them.
Newspaper machines for the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel and the USA Today are located on both sides of the street.
- Does your resort have a 24-hour front desk?
- Are bell service or luggage carts available at check-in/check-out?
- Does your resort have ice machines available? Where are they located?
- Are there vending machines and what types of snacks and drinks are available?
- What types of items can be purchased in your Gift/Sundries shop?
- Is there on-site security?
- Do the resort offer a complimentary newspaper?
Canada House Beach Club Amenities: Parking & Transportation Services
- Is there ample parking available on site?
- Is parking free? If no, please provide fee information.
- Is valet parking available? If yes, please provide fee details?
- Is there parking available for RV’s or trucks?
- Please explain the type of transportation services that are available for your guests? Include transportation to/from the airport, to area attractions, nearby stores, around the property, hours of operation, process of scheduling and any fees associated with these services.
Canada House Beach Club Policies and Special Requests
Guests must be 21 to check in, and must have a valid government-issued ID and a credit card or cash deposit. We accept MC/VS, AX, DS, and cash. We do not accept checks. We accept traveller's checks for payment of incidentals, but not for security deposit.
Check-out is 11 AM. Late check-outs are sometimes able to be granted (no later than 12 PM), and must be requested at the Front Desk by noon the day before check-out.
Our units are fixed and deeded, so the exchange companies assign the units. Upgrades are sometimes available for a fee.
Pack-n-plays are available on a limited basis for $10/week. We highly recommend requesting them in advance. Rollaways are also available on a limited basis and MUST be requested in advance.
Many kitchen items that aren't stocked in our units are available for check-out on a limited basis for no charge. A list of these items is in our Guest Information Book.
- Does the resort allow early check-in?
- What is the minimum age for check-in?
- What documents are needed to check in?
- Is a credit card a requirement of the check-in process?
- What forms of payment does the resort accept (Cash, Personal Check, Traveler’s Cheque, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)?
- Do the resort offer a late check-out option and how does a guest request it?
- How are special requests handled? Special requests could include requests such as a specific room number, view, floor level, unit location, etc.? Are there any fees associated with these types of special requests?
- What is that availability and process of reserving and of the following items: Cribs, High Chairs, Pack 'n Plays®, Roll away beds and Strollers? Any other items offered by your resort that are not on this list?
Accessibility at Canada House Beach Club
Both buildings have elevators, but the East elevator will be out of commission for weeks 33-39 in 2013 for renovation.
- What is the total number of Handicap-Accessible Rooms available?
- What is the process for reserving them?
- Are there elevators at your resort?
- Is the property mostly flat or do guests need to walk up and down steps across the resort?
Smoking at Canada House Beach Club
- Is this resort a smoke free resort?
- Can smoking rooms be reserved? If yes, what’s the procedure?
- Are there designated areas on the property for smoking? If yes, where are they?
- Are there any local laws ordinances that restrict smoking in restaurants?
Pet Policy at Canada House Beach Club
Stray cats in the area are TNRd. This program is paid for by staff and through donations from guests.
- Are pets welcomed at your resort?
- Are there any restrictions such as weight, prohibited pets or number of pets? If there a fee to bring a pet?
- Where on the property can a dog relieve itself?
- Where are there good places near the resort to take your dog? Can you tell us how far your location is from the nearest dog park?
- Are there any pet stores (Petsmart, Petco) nearby where resort guests can go for dog grooming, pet supplies?
Going Green, Social Responsibility & Giving Back
We have a blood drive on-site every eight weeks, and we offer incentives to employees who choose to donate.
Old bedding is donated to a women's shelter. Old towels are used for rags or donated to a local cat rescue. Old furniture and room decor is sold at very low prices to staff members, many of whom send them to family & friends in Haiti.
- Are there any green initiatives going on at your resort that you would like your guests to be aware of?
- How does your resort allow or encourage guests to preserve natural resources, recycle, etc.?
- Please feel free to share how your resort contributes to the interests of society? For example the donation of furniture or bedding to causes, sponsorships, food drives, etc.
Awards and Recognition
Our Board President was also a finalist for ARDA's Board Member of the Year at the 2013 Global Convention.
We are not yet aware of an award for in-room Guest Information Book, but if there were, we are sure we would win it! We receive numerous compliments on our book, usually including the phrase "best I've ever seen!"
- Please list any awards that you would like to share that have been won related to this property (construction, interior design, landscaping, amenities, management, service, etc.)?
Welcome Resort Managers...
The Manager Tips page gives you a chance to tell timeshareAdvisor Members about your resort. The page is designed to answer questions that Members want to know before they arrive. The more detail you provide, the better prepared they will be. The questions have been written with the timeshare vacationer in mind and go into great detail about what they want know most about your property.
To edit the Manager Tips, close this window and scroll down the page. By each Manager Tip you will see an Edit button. Click on the Edit button and you can write (or paste from your web site) the manager tips. Once you have edited the Tip, click on the Save button to save the tip that you have created.
Feature Canada House Beach Club Reviews on Your Web Site!
Do you want to let visitors to your web site know what timeshareAdvisor members think of Canada House Beach Club? You can integrate timeshareAdvisor reviews into your website in just minutes using reviewconnect, timeshareAdvisor's co-branded online review solution.
Using reviewconnect's simple-to-use technology, your resort reviews from timeshareAdvisor are integrated on your site. The customer viewing the reviews never leaves your web site while they are checking out reviews on your resort.
Plus, the timeshareAdvisor team takes care of managing the review system technology and review moderation ensuring that no inappropriate reviews are displayed.
It only takes minutes to add reviews for Canada House Beach Club to your web site - get started today with reviewconnect.
Sign up - It’s Free!Earn 5,000 points instantly
Earn Points!Write reviews, follow resorts, and more
Win Rewards!Earn more points, get more prize entries
Already a Member?
How To Get More Go and Tell Points
timeshareAdvisor’s Go and Tell Points is an incentive-based program that rewards members for sharing their timeshare experiences via resort reviews and photos. As part of the program, members will receive reward points for participation and qualify for prize drawings.
Consumers gain reward points in a number of ways including: signing up to become a member; writing a review of a timeshare resort; following a timeshare resort that they own, have visited, or wish to visit; recommending other reviews; recommending photos submitted by other members.
Go and Tell Points is based on level of participation. The more a member participates, the more opportunity they have to earn points. Levels include: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. As members reach specific point thresholds they move up to the next level and earn more points per activity than the lower levels of membership. Point levels thresholds include: Emerald (under 100,000 points); Sapphire (100,000-249,999); Ruby (250,000-499,999); and Diamond (over 500,000 points).
Below is the table of what points values are assigned for each activity on timeshareAdvisor.
Go and Tell Points - Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use my points for?
timeshareAdvisor holds regular drawings for prizes such as: iPads, free resort stays, etc. The more points you have the more entries you have into these random drawings.
Do my points ever expire?
Go and Tell Points never expire; they only accumulate.
Are my points transferable?
No. Go and Tell Points earned by our members are not transferable.
Are my points ever redeemed or deducted?
No. Go and Tell Points are accumulated over the lifetime of your membership.
Do my Go and Tell Points have anything to do with “points” systems of timeshare exchange companies like RCI and Interval International?
No. Go and Tell Points are exclusive to timeshareAdvisor.
Do I receive more points based on whether I submit a positive or negative resort review?
No. There is no difference in the number of points rewarded based on a positive or negative review.
How often can I win prizes from the Go and Tell drawings?
Members are eligible to win if they have not won a prize in the past 90 days.
Timeshares near Canada House Beach Club:
- La Costa Beach Club Resort >
- Lighthouse Cove Resort >
- Wyndham Sea Gardens >
- Wyndham Royal Vista >
- Wyndham Santa Barbara >